Skip to main content

Vast majority of 26,000 Syrian refugees arrived healthy

The Canadian Press
Published Monday, March 28, 2016 4:39PM EDT
OTTAWA -- Newly published government data suggests the vast majority
of the 26,000 Syrian refugees who had arrived in Canada by the end of
last month came healthy.
Only 10 were sent to hospital upon landing for possible communicable
diseases, while 54 were sent for other urgent medical reasons.
None of the refugees tested positive for HIV or syphilis and there
were only two possible cases of non-infectious tuberculosis.
The data appears in the latest version of the Canadian Communicable
Disease Report,published by the Public Health Agency of Canada, and
is the first comprehensive look at the Syrian newcomers.
The agency reviewed the medical exams refugees underwent before being
accepted to Canada and the screening they received on arrival.
It noted that while there were no major public health concerns, it
will take time for chronic conditions and mental-health concerns to
present themselves and health care professionals need to remain
vigilant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABDUCTED POLICEMAN

– He was abducted at his duty post – His colleagues have been arrested – His wife calls on police authority for proper investigation Palpable fear may be greeting men of the Nigeria police as a colleague of theirs, corporal Torbee Atorough, attached to the Ibafo police division, Ogun state, is reportedly abducted by unknown gunmen believed to be militants. Torbee Atorough The Punch reports that Atorough was abducted at his post in Ibafo, notorious for pipeline vandalism and oil theft on May 11 2016. It was learnt that the alleged militants operating around the creeks in the area were flagged down by the corporal and three of his colleagues at about 8.30pm. Rather than wait, the driver of the snatched car in which the militants travelled zoomed off. This prompted Atorough to chase them with a motorcycle alone. However, since he went after them, he is yet to be seen. READ ALSO: Kidnapped reverend sisters rescued by Nigerian police His colleagues were said to later trail the all...

Upgrading Of All Institutions Post utme Score

                                             In Nigeria as we all know, everything is based on favouritism and not on luck. This strategy is also applied before one acquires an admission into the university. 4 example, lets take a glance at that of last year. Many of us scored above 250 in our jamb scores and still scored above 60 in our post ume scores but still didint attain admission into the university. While many score below 200 in their jamb scores and below 50 in their post ume scores and still got admission into their score of choice. !! This strategy i just mentioned above is very legal and it is even authorised bythe V.C of the school, because they sign and approve the admission list before it is published. Getting an admission is not only based on ones knowledge, but you also have to play your cards well. What i just told you now is a genuine and authoris...

PHOTO: TV presenters fired after video of them having sex at work leaked

Kampala - Two Ugandan TV presenters have been fired after being caught having sex in the office, reports Naij They were photographed having sex while on duty. Anne Nakawombe, the host of NTV Login and Kevin Kaija were seen having sex atop a table, blissfully unaware of the hidden camera filming them. The duo took their time stripping and finally making love to what appeared to be a pornographic video playing Nakawombe has been presenting 'Login', an entertainment show and has been doing the programme for more than a year now after succeeding Robin Kisti who flew out of the Uganda to the United States. Kevin, on the other hand, has been a presenter of 'Seeds of Gold' which is a farming programme.