Skip to main content

president buhari declares war on power sector

President Muhammadu Buhari has said the power situation in the country
is no longer a laughing matter
– President Buhari lamented that his administration is faced with the
predicament of privatisation of the power holding companies
– The organised labour said the economy had stopped functioning and
urged the president to map out policies to resuscitate it
President Buhari addressing the national Economic Forum retreat in
Abuja on Monday, March 21, 2016.
President Muhammadu Buhari has declared war on the country's power
sector, saying epileptic power supply is no longer a laughing matter,
Leadership reports.
READ ALSO: Buhari's government is weak – Ango Abdullahi
Speaking on March 21 at the National Economic Council retreat on the
economy at the state house conference centre, presidential villa
Abuja, the president revealed that his government has set a target for
themselves to generate ten thousand megawatts distributable power in
the next three years.
Buhari, who frowned at the privatization of the power sector, said it
is yet to yield the anticipated result as the quality of service had
not improved.
President Buhari further revealed that his government is embraced with
the predicament of privatization of the power holding companies,
pointing out that Nigerians favourite talking point and butt of jokes
had become the epileptic power situation in the country.
"Ladies and gentlemen, it is no longer a laughing matter. We must and
by the grace of God we will put things right. In the three years left
for this administration we have given ourselves the target of ten
thousand megawatts distributable power. In 2016 alone, we intend to
add two thousand megawatts to the national grid.
"This sector has been privatized but has yet to show any improvement
in the quality of service. Common public complaints are, constant
power cuts destroying economic activity and affecting quality of life.
High electricity bills despite power cuts, low supply of gas to power
plants due to vandalisation by terrorists,"he said.
The president listed other impediment to the country's electricity to
include outdated power distribution equipment like transformers, power
fluctuations, which destroys manufacturing equipment, household
appliances as well as low voltage which cannot power industrial
machines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABDUCTED POLICEMAN

– He was abducted at his duty post – His colleagues have been arrested – His wife calls on police authority for proper investigation Palpable fear may be greeting men of the Nigeria police as a colleague of theirs, corporal Torbee Atorough, attached to the Ibafo police division, Ogun state, is reportedly abducted by unknown gunmen believed to be militants. Torbee Atorough The Punch reports that Atorough was abducted at his post in Ibafo, notorious for pipeline vandalism and oil theft on May 11 2016. It was learnt that the alleged militants operating around the creeks in the area were flagged down by the corporal and three of his colleagues at about 8.30pm. Rather than wait, the driver of the snatched car in which the militants travelled zoomed off. This prompted Atorough to chase them with a motorcycle alone. However, since he went after them, he is yet to be seen. READ ALSO: Kidnapped reverend sisters rescued by Nigerian police His colleagues were said to later trail the all...

Upgrading Of All Institutions Post utme Score

                                             In Nigeria as we all know, everything is based on favouritism and not on luck. This strategy is also applied before one acquires an admission into the university. 4 example, lets take a glance at that of last year. Many of us scored above 250 in our jamb scores and still scored above 60 in our post ume scores but still didint attain admission into the university. While many score below 200 in their jamb scores and below 50 in their post ume scores and still got admission into their score of choice. !! This strategy i just mentioned above is very legal and it is even authorised bythe V.C of the school, because they sign and approve the admission list before it is published. Getting an admission is not only based on ones knowledge, but you also have to play your cards well. What i just told you now is a genuine and authoris...

PHOTO: TV presenters fired after video of them having sex at work leaked

Kampala - Two Ugandan TV presenters have been fired after being caught having sex in the office, reports Naij They were photographed having sex while on duty. Anne Nakawombe, the host of NTV Login and Kevin Kaija were seen having sex atop a table, blissfully unaware of the hidden camera filming them. The duo took their time stripping and finally making love to what appeared to be a pornographic video playing Nakawombe has been presenting 'Login', an entertainment show and has been doing the programme for more than a year now after succeeding Robin Kisti who flew out of the Uganda to the United States. Kevin, on the other hand, has been a presenter of 'Seeds of Gold' which is a farming programme.