Skip to main content

Buhari gets strong warning

– Aisha Buhari has warned her husband that
she may not back him at the next election
unless he shakes up his government
– She says his government had been
hijacked by a “few people” who are behind
presidential appointments
– The wife of the president
claims Buhari “does not know” most of the
top officials he has appointed
Aisha Buhari, wife of President Muhammadu
Buhari, has warned her husband that she
may not back him at the next election
unless he shakes up his government, BBC
reports.
This comes even as she claimed the
government had been hijacked by a “few
people” who are behind presidential
appointments.
Aisha Buhari, wife of President Buhari, has
warned her husband that she may not back
him at the next election unless he shakes up
his govt.
Speaking in a BBC interview with Naziru
Mikailu, Aisha Buhari said the president
“does not know” most of the top officials he
has appointed.
She said: “The president does not know 45
out of 50, for example, of the people he
appointed and I don’t know them either,
despite being his wife of 27 years.”
She said people who did not share the vision
of the ruling All Progressives Congress
(APC) were now appointed to top posts
because of the influence a “few people”
wield. image_0]
According to her, “Some people are sitting
down in their homes folding their arms only
for them to be called to come and head an
agency or a ministerial position.”
When asked to name those who had
hijacked the government, she refused,
saying: “You will know them if you watch
television.”
On whether the president was in charge, she
said: “That is left for the people to decide.”
Mrs Buhari said her husband had not told
her whether he would contest the 2019
election, but said she will no partake in any
of his campaigns if things continue this way
till the next election.
She said: “He is yet to tell me but I have
decided as his wife, that if things continue like
this up to 2019, I will not go out and
campaign again and ask any woman to vote
like I did before. I will never do it again.”
When asked what she regarded as the
government’s major achievement, she said it
was to improve security in the north-east
where militant Islamist group Boko Haram
has waged an insurgency since 2009.
She said: “No-one is complaining about being
attacked in their own homes. Thankfully
everyone can walk around freely, go to places
of worship, etc. Even kids in Maiduguri have
returned to schools.”
Despite pressure from the presidency, the
BBC went ahead to air more parts of the
interview with Aisha Buhari.
Even President Buhari had mounted pressure
on the BBC Hausa Service not to air the full
interview of Aisha Buhari.
Excerpts of the interview were published on
Tuesday, October 11 and in it, the first lady
made some comments that has caught the
attention of Nigerians.
In the interview, Aisha said the people who
worked for her husband to become the
president have been side-lined while some
people have taken over his government.
However, the service said the only way it
will not air the interview is for the
interviewee, Aisha Buhari, to decide against
it. Even in that case her voice recanting
what she had said in the interview would be
aired.
Since her husband won the 2015 general
election, Aisha Buhari has been involved in
some controversies with the most common
being when denounced herself as the first
lady of the president of the Federal Republic
of Nigeria.
Aisha said this in a statement at the
Appreciation Dinner at the state house last
year.
She said: “I am not the first Lady, I am the
wife of the President and will be addressed as
such going forward.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABDUCTED POLICEMAN

– He was abducted at his duty post – His colleagues have been arrested – His wife calls on police authority for proper investigation Palpable fear may be greeting men of the Nigeria police as a colleague of theirs, corporal Torbee Atorough, attached to the Ibafo police division, Ogun state, is reportedly abducted by unknown gunmen believed to be militants. Torbee Atorough The Punch reports that Atorough was abducted at his post in Ibafo, notorious for pipeline vandalism and oil theft on May 11 2016. It was learnt that the alleged militants operating around the creeks in the area were flagged down by the corporal and three of his colleagues at about 8.30pm. Rather than wait, the driver of the snatched car in which the militants travelled zoomed off. This prompted Atorough to chase them with a motorcycle alone. However, since he went after them, he is yet to be seen. READ ALSO: Kidnapped reverend sisters rescued by Nigerian police His colleagues were said to later trail the all...

Upgrading Of All Institutions Post utme Score

                                             In Nigeria as we all know, everything is based on favouritism and not on luck. This strategy is also applied before one acquires an admission into the university. 4 example, lets take a glance at that of last year. Many of us scored above 250 in our jamb scores and still scored above 60 in our post ume scores but still didint attain admission into the university. While many score below 200 in their jamb scores and below 50 in their post ume scores and still got admission into their score of choice. !! This strategy i just mentioned above is very legal and it is even authorised bythe V.C of the school, because they sign and approve the admission list before it is published. Getting an admission is not only based on ones knowledge, but you also have to play your cards well. What i just told you now is a genuine and authoris...

PHOTO: TV presenters fired after video of them having sex at work leaked

Kampala - Two Ugandan TV presenters have been fired after being caught having sex in the office, reports Naij They were photographed having sex while on duty. Anne Nakawombe, the host of NTV Login and Kevin Kaija were seen having sex atop a table, blissfully unaware of the hidden camera filming them. The duo took their time stripping and finally making love to what appeared to be a pornographic video playing Nakawombe has been presenting 'Login', an entertainment show and has been doing the programme for more than a year now after succeeding Robin Kisti who flew out of the Uganda to the United States. Kevin, on the other hand, has been a presenter of 'Seeds of Gold' which is a farming programme.